From time to time, team members will share their views stimulated from a piece by an industry thought leader. Here, Larry discusses the recent Forbes article by Jason DeMers highlighting 7 predictions for the future of internet marketing.
Jason DeMers recently wrote an article on Forbes highlighting 7 predictions for the future of internet marketing. I think many of his points are valid, but his prediction that competition will be reduced is a little off. Competition won’t be reduced, it will just change. There will always be people trying to offer your goods and services for cheaper than you.
Check out his article and see what you think. Here are the talking points of his article:
- ‘Reality optimization’ will become a thing.
- Content feeds will become finely-tuned for each individual.
- Non-digital ads will die.
- Privacy concerns will reach their zenith, spawning more brands that prioritize it.
- Competition will be reduced.
- Strange new social interactions will be introduced.
- Face-to-face interactions will be rare, but highly valued.