Is your Unique Value Proposition killing your landing page?
From time to time, DirectiveGroup team members will share their views on a piece by an industry thought leader. Here, Larry discusses Rich Page’s article on landing page optimization.
Landing pages are one of the oldest tricks in the book when it comes to internet marketing; marketers have been using them since the dawn of the internet to entice users that their product is worthy of your hard earned dollars. As common as this knowledge is, there are still a surprising amount of users that fail at landing page optimization!
I recently read an article from Rich Page about landing page optimization and unique value propositions. The whole article is great and goes into detail about the steps a user should go through to optimize their page. I really like his list of “no exception” clauses to include in your value proposition:
- Quickly and clearly convey the value of what you are offering.
- Explain how your service/product is different from that of your competitors.
- State benefits as well as features.
- Address the key needs and pain points of your target audience and underline how your offering is the solution.
- Avoid superlatives such as “the best” or “world-class,” as well as any jargon or acronyms.
- Use layman’s terms to convey your offering to even the most uninitiated audience.
- Use customer-centric language rather than company-centric language (remember, this is NOT your mission statement). Steer clear of using the words “we,” “our” or “I.”
These are all fantastic rules to follow when designing your unique value proposition! Do yourself a favor and read the rest of his article, it is full of great info about getting the most out of your UVP! http://unbounce.com/landing-pages/unique-value-proposition-fix-it-on-your-landing-page/
Read these articles and still need some help optimizing a landing page or coming up with your UVP? Why not give DirectiveGroup a call and let us help you get on the right track! Give us a call today at 866-925-9524, you wont regret it!