Why U.S. Shoppers of CPG Everyday Items Do or Do Not Buy From You
In the United States, more consumers than ever before are turning to the internet to snag their favorite items without having to head to a retail store. While millennials make up the largest group to buy consumer goods online, older shoppers are quickly catching up to this trend. If you are trying to capture shoppers, then it is important to understand how they shop.
Here are some key takeaways into reaching consumers looking for basic goods.
Lead the Customer Through the Sales Funnel
The first thing that you need to concentrate on is leading the customer through the sales funnel. Your potential customer enters the e-commerce process when they become aware of your company. It may be through social media, but often it is through an offline method.
Then, they move to the interest phrase where they are beginning to seriously look for a solution to their problem.
During the decision phrase, they are thinking about if your product is the right choice for them. Then, customers will perhaps check your store’s policies while making a purchase.
Providing content at each step that meets any concerns head-on helps to make sure the buyer continues to move through the buying process.
Improve Your Brand’s Image
While you are building your brand, it is important to concentrate on some basic concepts.
- Make sure that you have a value proposition that your customers can buy into. Your brand’s values should resonate with your target audience, and they should find them displayed during every interaction with your brand.
- Design a website that looks professional, loads fast and is easy to use.
- Constantly be adding new content to it to make it as comprehensive as possible. Ensure that you are creating a personalized experience for each part of your key demographics.
- Study your analytics or hire a professional to help you see how people view your brand and attack your weakest areas first. While you want to be consistent in everything you do, put a special emphasis on where customers will encounter your goods first as first impressions can be very difficult to overcome.
Reliably Meet Your Customers at Many Different Touchpoints
You can define digital touchpoints as any interaction between the customer and your brand. It is vital to provide many different touchpoints for your customers.
- Be found on Google’s search result page. Make sure you are hitting on the right keywords that are right for the size of your company.
- Examine your website pages’ bounce rates to see how you can lower the number of people arriving at a page on your site and instantly leaving.
- Use landing pages for your pay-per-click campaigns that let customers know that they have arrived at the right place and are invited to browse your site.
- Use social media to your advantage to always keep your company’s name in front of your target audience while letting them learn more about your company’s values.
- Use email marketing and short message services to connect with specific customers by creating targeted campaigns.
E-commerce brands operating in the CPG realm often grow rapidly when they concentrate on these three basic ideas. Consumers are looking to buy even more of these products online. Make sure that you are reaching them with marketing messages that let them know that you are the best choice for them.