From time to time, team members will share their views stimulated from a piece by an industry thought leader. Here, Michelle discusses the recent Ragan.com article by Mael Roth.
The article published on Ragan.com on January 25, A Headline Tactic For Optimal Reach on Social Media and Google Search, does a great job to talking about why headlines are important and how to write a good one. It’s true that a good SEO headline may not be great for social media and a social media headline is usually not search friendly. While a great headline is super important for content marketing success, there is more to getting your content noticed than just headlines. Not to minimize their importance, but headlines are just the beginning (literally and figuratively) of a great piece of content.
Here are 6 easy things you can do to get started on promoting your value-rich content.
- Don’t wait for the content to be complete; tease the upcoming release of the piece through newsletters, social media and email.
- Once it’s complete post it on social media and pay to boost it. By boosting your content you will drastically increase your audience reach.
- Engage with social influencers and ask (or pay) them to help promote your content.
- Create little snips of content from your ebook or whitepaper and turn them into teasers to post in social media to gain interest in the larger piece.
- Turn the content into a video, infographic or slide deck to attract different types of audiences.
- Use Google alerts to help you find message boards, blogs and forums where where people are talking about your content topic.