In this episode of Actionable Marketing In Minutes we give 6 quick and easy tips for generating content.
Use the player below to listen to this episode, or the download link to load it on your device for listening later. You can also find our RSS feed by clicking here, or subscribe by email in the sidebar to the left.
Not able to listen? Why not read the episode transcript below:
Did you know that you have fewer than ten seconds to convince a visitor you will deliver and they will find what they’re searching for on your site or media channel? No pressure here!
Without easy-to-follow content loaded with quality information, there’s a good chance you will fail to capture them.
Even with a super-snazzy site or media channel, including all the bells and whistles, your visitors WILL NOT convert without content that speaks to their needs, tells them why they should choose you, and then provide a clear path to action.
Content must serve many purposes. And it has to be found.
It has to be persuasive, informative, scannable, easy-to-navigate, and interesting. On top of all this, it must be optimized for search engines or marketed at places your target audience hangs out. So even if you have the most content-rich site, mindfully developed for an exquisite user experience, perfectly written for conversion success, unless your visitors can first find it, they will never be able to read it.
You’ve got a lot to say to your potential customers. Tell your story in a way that will lead them down the conversion funnel, turning them into active and loyal customers. We recommend these 6 quick ideas to use in your approach to writing robust content.
1. Optimize: perform a keyword analysis for each aspect of your business. Then, use those keywords and phrases that received high search volume as appropriate when you write your content.
2. Natural: craft content that uses the right words, the right style and the right tone for your audience.
3. Narrative: tell a story, guiding your visitor through the process that asks and answers their questions, persuading them to trust your advice. At that point they will take action to solve their problem – using your solution.
4. Customize: create content that uses an authoritative tone, and that speaks to trending topics or important issues for your industry, thus developing your thought leadership.
5. Effective: produce content that provides both visitors and search engine crawlers interesting and thoughtful content that not only keeps them engaged but encourages them to come back and visit often.
6. Marketable: consider where the content will be promoted or seen, so that it is contextually appropriate for your audience’s frame of mind at the point they encounter it.
Content is an essential foundation of your marketing efforts. Some of the benefits of good content writing are:
* It allows you to communicate to your target audience without selling, which oftentimes allows for greater engagement.
* It gives you the power to influence your audience, deliver value to them, and create new-found relationships based on useful information in exchange for loyalty. This is truly an earned relationship.
* Most importantly for sustaining your ability to deliver great content, it can drive leads that turn into revenue.
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. Please connect with us on Twitter @DirectiveGroup or on LinkedIn. Let us know what you think and what you’d like to hear about next. And if you like our podcasts, please share with your networks using hashtag #actionablemarketing. Join us next time for more actionable marketing in minutes.