In this episode of Actionable Marketing In Minutes we give 5 reasons why your site should have a blog.
Use the player below to listen to this episode, or the download link to load it on your device for listening later. You can also find our RSS feed by clicking here, or subscribe by email in the sidebar to the left.
Download our Social Media Marketing Best Practices Guide here!
Not able to listen? Why not read the episode transcript below:
Have you ever considered that posting blogs to your website is a form of social media? It is! In fact, as we’ll discuss today, it is one of the most profitable of all social media platforms to consider.
Did you know, that businesses with blogs usually have about 97% more inbound links than those who don’t? That’s good news for your SEO because links are one of Google’smost important ranking factors!
Quicksprout.com also reports the following amazing statistics:
* 61% of consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post they read.
* 60% of consumers feel positive about a company after reading its blog.
* 70% of consumers learn about a company through its blog versus ads.
This may be the perfect time to set up your own blog.
If what you just heard isn’t enough, let’s look at 5 additional reasons to consider starting a blog.
1. It helps drive traffic to your website via organic searches. Every time you post a blog, it is another opportunity for your site to get ranked by search engines. This means more opportunity for consumers to find you when they type their search query into their browser. The easier your target market can find you, the more likely they are to convert.
2. A blog gives your company a voice which makes you more approachable. This helps boost customer loyalty.
3. It helps establish authority and allows your business the opportunity to engage with current and potential customers in a more informal way. When visitors experience relevant content that addresses their needs, they will become loyal readers and will also tell others about your expertise.
4. Because of the conversational format, you can gain insight into your customers’ needs, which will help you fine-tune your company messages to meet those needs.
5. Every time you publish a new blog post of value, you’ve just created a new opportunity for someone to share that post on social media, where a new audience will see it. This expands your reach.
The many, many reasons to start a blog are almost overwhelming. Discussing all the benefits would necessitate changing the title of this podcast from Actionable Marketing in Minutes to Actionable Marketing in Hours! But, I’ll give you the gist.
1. One of the most inviting reasons is that setting up a blog is very cost-effective…In fact, free-to-cheap.
2. As we’ve discussed in previous podcasts, it’s really a challenge to grow your email marketing list. Creating a blog page, with a call-to-action at the bottom in the form of a newsletter sign-up, will help you grow that list – with people who truly are interested in what your company has to say.
3. The fact that 31.1% Internet consumers consider a company’s blog to be the second most influential factor when it’s time to make a purchase makes blogging one of the most essential pieces of content marketing to have in your arsenal.
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. Please connect with us on Twitter @DirectiveGroup or on LinkedIn. Let us know what you think and what you’d like to hear about next. And if you like our podcasts, please share with your networks using hashtag #actionablemarketing.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 11:00 — 7.8MB) | Embed