In this episode of Actionable Marketing In Minutes we give 5 quick tips to increase your brand ROI.
Use the player below to listen to this episode, or the download link to load it on your device for listening later. You can also find our RSS feed by clicking here, or subscribe by email in the sidebar to the left.
Not able to listen? Why not read the episode transcript below!
Every brand has a reputation regardless of whether they think they do or not. Your brand is the foundation of your business and every tweet, post and update and is a direct reflection of your brand.
You can have the most beautiful website, logo and social media profiles in the world, but if you don’t deliver on your brand promise then it all means nothing.
Here’s are 4 tips to maximize your ROI:
- Claim Your Brand
- Use a web service like knowem.com or usernamecheck.com to lock up every instance of your brand name online. Make sure that no one else has control of misrepresenting you online by controlling a piece of your brand.
- Manage Your Brand
- Once you have locked up every instance of your band name online, you need to manage them. The biggest accounts to manage are: Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Quora, Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and Yelp. Complete these profiles to 100% with content, photos and links to other websites and accounts of yours.
- Monitor Your Brand
- One of the most important things that you can do is monitor your brand reputation online. There are some great tools out there that allow you to monitor your tweets, blog posts, status updates an so on.
- The top monitoring tools you can use are: Trackur, MonitorThis, Google Alerts, Twitter Search, Google Search and Bing Search. With Google Alerts, you can set it up to send you an email when your brand name is mentioned.
- Repair Your Brand
- If the negative post is accurate, and points out a flaw in your company, reply to it publicly with a posture of resolution. Offer to work with the customer or client to seek satisfaction.
- If you can control where a negative post is coming from, and it is slanderous, malicious or false, then remove it from your site, blog or social profile. If you can’t control it, send an email to the Webmaster of the site and have them take it down.
- Another thing you can do is post testimonials and other content to bury the negative comments.
Being proactive and managing and understanding how you can leverage your social media is important because if you ignore it, you could be out of business in the blink of an eye.
- You will create a reputable online brand for yourself.
- You will attract new business and customers.
- You will positively influence the SEO for your site.
What challenges have you faced with managing your online reputation? Connect with us on Twitter or on LinkedIn, and share your challenges and stories. Be sure to subscribe using iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast platform, and share it with your networks using hashtag #actionablemarketing. Join us next time for more actionable marketing in minutes.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 4:42 — 6.5MB) | Embed