As a marketing copywriter, I have 2 very important goals for every writing project:
- Educate consumers about the advantages of your product or service and help them understand what problems you solve.
- Help them understand why you are the best choice to solve their problems and nudge them toward making a purchase.
Sounds simple, right?
Not so much.
If you read the typical business website you will see that it isn’t easy at all. Here are a few common mistakes…
- You describe the product or service instead of explaining how it can solve customer’s problems or improve their lives.
- You use industry jargon rather than a language your customers understand.
- You have no call-to-action and readers don’t know what they are supposed to do next.
- You fail to keep content fresh and relevant which gives the impression of an abandoned site.
Making any one of these, or many other, fundamental … Continue reading