Harness the Power of B2B Email Marketing
Are you a B2B looking for ways to engage more with your clients, create more leads from those engagements, make more conversions from those leads, and in return make more sales? Then B2B email is a marketing tool that your digital promotion team must embrace. Here’s why.
7 Benefits of B2B Email Marketing
1. Creates Awareness: When you want to introduce your brand, a new product or service to your clients and prospects, email marketing is the best way to do so as you are guaranteed that the message will reach as intended.
2. Promotes Repeat Purchases: Sending personalized emails to your customers will make them feel valued. In return, your clients will want to identify with your brand and keep buying from you. It now becomes customer loyalty.
3. It’s Less Costly: Compared to other means of digital marketing such as mainstream media, emailing is cheap. All you need is an account, emailing list, and internet connection or mobile data.
4. Helps with Surveys and Feedback: For your business to grow, you must find out how satisfactory your product/service is to your customers. By using the emailing strategy, you can conduct surveys and get feedback from your clients and prospects. The feedback you receive will help in decision making.
5. Helps Generate More Revenue: If you want to entice your customers and prospects into buying your product/service, send them encouraging emails detailing the benefits they’ll get if they buy. Also highlight the details of offers and discounts when they arise as this may encourage them to purchase more, thus increasing your revenue.
6. Promotes Traffic Generation to Your Site: When you create quality content for your customers then send them emails, always ensure that those emails link to your site. This means that more people will visit your site, and this will help it rank. Also, ensure that there is a share option that allows your customers to share your content with their friends and families. This will help your site rank even higher.
7. Enables You to Measure Results: Delivering the emails to the right persons at the right time helps determine the effectiveness of a marketing campaign. Using tools such as Mail Chimp and Constant Contact, among others, helps you measure the deliverability rate of your emails by looking at factors such as market reach and lead conversion rate among others.
Types of Emails for Each Step in the Customer Journey
In this type of promotion, there are four steps that a customer has to go through. They include Awareness, Consideration, Purchase, and Loyalty.
Awareness Stage: At this stage, you introduce your brand, products, and or services, and everything else related to your business. It’s here that your clients and prospects need to know you better as a brand. Some of the emails you can include:
- Welcome emails: Once customers and prospects have subscribed to your email list, they expect a welcome message. It helps them feel recognized.
- Digital Newsletter: This will contain information that will help your customers and prospects familiarize themselves with your brand.
- Consideration Stage: Here, you want your customers and prospects to consider buying your product/service. The emails you may send include:
- Promotional emails: These will show what’s on offer, discounts, and product demos.
- Purchase Stage: At this stage, a customer has decided to buy your product/service. The emails you may send include:
- Transactional Emails: They are sent to confirm the purchase.
- Receipt Emails: Send when a transaction is complete.
- Loyalty Stage: Here, you ensure that your clients stick to your brand by sending emails such as:
- Customer Review Requests: They are sent to evaluate client experience.
- Product Update: They show that a product has been upgraded.
How to Measure the Success of Your B2B Emails
1. Delivery rates: High delivery rates indicate the success of the marketing campaign, while low rates show low success rates.
2. Open Rates: This refers to the number of people that opened their emails after receiving them. High open rates show the success of the promotion exercise.
3. Conversion and Revenue Rates: High conversion and revenue rates are a sign of the success of the marketing campaign.
4. Unsubscribe rates: A high number of persons unsubscribing from the emailing service show that the marketing campaign was unsuccessful.
How to Increase Engagement through Emails
1. Craft Catchy Subject Lines: A subject line is what will determine whether your prospects and clients will open your emails. A catchy subject line will leave your audience wanting to read more of your content.
2. Personalize Emails: To customize your emails, first segment your lead list. Personalized emails make customers feel appreciated, and this may lead to customer retention.
3. Give Offers: Issuing discounts and test promos from time to time will keep your customers engaged as they will always want to take advantage of the offers given.
4. Follow Up: Once a client has transacted with you, always try to get their feedback, especially the customer experience. Poor customer service might cost you a good number of clients. Apologize for any poor client experience and promise to be better the next time they shop with you.
5. Call to Action: A strong call to action will keep your prospects engaged. If you need them to take action on the emails you send, leave a link that will take them directly there.
Best B2B Emailing Practices
Clear and Precise Subject Lines: Your subject line should be simple, easy to understand, and to the point.
Properly Segment Your Emailing List: For an effective marketing campaign, ensure that your email list only includes your target audience.
Personalization: For your campaign to be successful, personalize your message by using your client’s first name, conversational tone, and sign off with your name.
Use Images: In moderation, choose images that will give your prospects and clients a clear vision of what your business deals with
To benefit from email marketing and improve business productivity, your emails must trigger effect and impact. A good strategy is one that will help you team up with other businesses, link with your audience, and give them a good customer experience. DirectiveGroup is here to help you create and execute, or anything in between the perfect B-2-B Email Strategy.