I often hear many companies that offer professional services say that during the holiday season their business is anywhere from minimal to non-existent. Unfortunately, these businesses have just accepted the fact that business is slow during this time of year. Yes, that may be true; however, there are some effective strategies that can be used to counter the slow season.In fact, since many people are off of school and work for the holidays, this is a perfect time to hold promotions that incentivize people to make appointments during this time. Here are a few ideas.
- Offer discounts for appointments made during a specific time period.
- Offer incentives for referrals and new customers or patients that schedule their appointment during a specific time period.
- Give a freebie to everyone who schedules an appointment during the specified time period.
- Use a "deal of the day" promotion.
There are hundreds of promotions you can do to attract your customers. However, the best promotions are useless if nobody knows about them. So the real challenge is to put your promotion in front of as many people as possible. Here are some ideas that will help you accomplish your goals.
What is SOLOMO you ask? Great question, it stands for SOcial, LOcal, and MObile, which addresses the addition of local information to the search engines, and is the trend we're seeing take shape across the marketing landscape.
The old model of marketing says that if you're local, you need to advertise in the YellowPages, and perhaps in the local paper or marketing publication. If you have a website, then you're probably doing pretty well. And you're a real geek if you blog or engage any social media.
Boy how times have changed, and rapidly! Montetate just published an infographic exploring some of the trends of people, and the influence of Social and Mobile on local business. Check this out:
If you own a business, by now you have probably discovered that there's also a lot of competition, both local and national. An effective marketing program is vital for business owners in this competitive industry.Do you need marketing ideas to help you increase local business? If so, this article is just what you need to get your creative juices flowing. Below is a list of marketing strategies that will help you increase your exposure and grow your business.
- If your local business just opened, hold an open house so people can come in and learn about your company.
- Offer discounted prices for people who purchase during the first 30 days.
- Offer something free to new customers.
- Direct mail postcards are perfectly suited for local business marketing because you can target a certain area around your location.
As a marketing copywriter, I have 2 very important goals for every writing project:
- Educate consumers about the advantages of your product or service and help them understand what problems you solve.
- Help them understand why you are the best choice to solve their problems and nudge them toward making a purchase.
Sounds simple, right?
Not so much.