Top 5 Reasons Marketing Strategies Will Dominate Marketing In 2016
However, it’s not the marketing plans that will make companies stand out in 2016, but rather it will be the marketing strategies. Here are the tops 5 reasons why to focus on strategy as a way to build your business.
- Strategies take into account interdependence of systems and channels. Building business is about giving the right information at the right time. Sometimes this happens on the marketing side, and sometimes on the sales side. The point is, these systems are no longer discreet, and are greatly dependent on each other. To further complicate things, there are dozens of sources people go to for information, and you must be present wherever your target audience is. A strategy takes all of this into account.
- Marketing strategies ensure the strength of marketing plans. In my opinion, the best marketing plans are derived from high quality strategies. This is because these plans are informed by the research of the strategies, and provide quantitative evidence for the tactical recommendations.
- Strategies take into account the complexity of considered sales. In considered sales environments, both B2C and B2B considered sales, the difference between mediocre and exceptional conversion rates is the ability to deliver timely and quality content in the right moments. Strategies consider all the touches needed to gain new sales, from the top of the funnel to the purchase.
- Strategies account for measurement and adjustment. Effective marketing happens when the right metrics get tracked, measured, and then turned into additional action. Strong strategies define what should be measured at each stage of the sales process and by each tactical category.
- Strategies take into consideration competition and changes in the market. We all know that competition changes the marketplace, as does developments in technology, the economy and many other factors. Strong strategies take into account these important factors in determining the appropriate tactics for achieving your growth goals.
It’s quite simple, as one Houston Chronicle article put it, “the plan details the what, where and when for marketing, while the strategy looks at the emphasis to put on each component.”
The great news is that while strategies are a lot of work, there are strategy experts to work alongside you in developing strategies that will deliver to your goals, like those at LocalDirective.
Here’s to an incredible 2016 year!