5 Tips To Improve The Keyword Quality Score In Your PPC Campaigns
Does Your Google Quality Score Really Matter?
Yes. In fact, Google rewards their clients for having a high Quality Score or QS. However, maybe more important, Google dings advertisers for low Quality Scores. Once you have a low Quality Score, it is a difficult and tedious process to climb out of that hole. Professional Online Marketing firms can help to minimize this risk by creating and managing your SEM Campaigns as well as developing content for your landing pages or website.
Your Quality Score is the measurement Google has assigned to determine how relevant your ads, keywords, and landing page are to a person who searches on keywords that trigger your ad to show. If Google concludes that your ad, keyword, and landing page are all relevant and useful to the person who is performing a search and viewing your ad, Google will assign a higher Quality Score to the specific keyword that is triggering those ads. On the other hand, Google will assign a lower Quality Score to keywords if they don’t view your ads, keywords, and landing page relevant and useful to the person performing a search.
Your Quality Score along with the amount you are willing to pay for a click are the primary numbers Google uses to determine the actual amount you will pay for each click. As your Quality Score increases, the amount you pay for each click decreases. You may be asking yourself, “How do I increase my Quality Score?”
Here are five tips to help you improve your Quality Score and get more for your overall ad budget.
- Ensure your keywords are in tightly themed ad groups. Each ad group within your campaign should focus on a single product or service so that your ads appear more relevant to customers. If someone is looking to buy a pair of Nike shoes, they are more likely to click on an ad that contains keywords specific to Nike shoes as opposed to an ad that contains keywords relating to all shoes in general. Relevance tends to lead to higher quality ads, and being specific is one way to become more relevant.
- Ensure your ad text is compelling and relevant to the ad group.Your ad text should be simple. Highlight the significant differences between you and your competitor. What makes your product or service stand out? Do you offer free shipping? Do you have certain items on sale? Be sure to describe any unique features or promotions that you offer.
- Point ads to destination pages that are relevant to the keywords in your ad group. When a user searches for a specific keyword, that person knows what they want to buy. If you direct that person a page that is specific to the information they are searching for, it is likely the user will leave your site and go your competitor’s ad.
- Write a compelling conversion story that relates to your themed ad group. People don’t want to be sold, they want to sell themselves. They need to know they are making the right decision to buy. Telling them a story of they can relate to goes a long way in building that confidence. Your story should let them know that you understand their pain, wants, or needs. Then validate these feelings. Next, let your users know that there is a solution. Finally, show the users what makes you the best solution to their specific needs.
- Use ad extensions and site-link in your ads. As you may know, sometimes it is difficult to say everything you want to divulge about your offering in the limited space allowed in ad text. To help you say more with less space, take advantage of the extra lines Google provides you with ad extension and create more relevancy by inserting site-links.